Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Deleting IE and now a lot of problems?

I stopped using internet explorer a while ago and after that I was being stupid and I deleted it not nowing I can't do that. Now I can't reinstall because it freezes up on installation, my themes and sound card services r always turning off and I have to manually turn them on. My firewall doesn't come on. I can't run a search through my computer because everything on the screen dissapears for a couple of seconds and comes back like nothing happened. I also constantly get "Internet explorer has encountered a problem." Can anyone tell me a way to fix this?



Deleting IE and now a lot of problems?replacement windows





From the add/remove programs menu, click add/remove windows components on the sidebar. Reinstall ie from there. It will most likely ask you for the windows boot disk that came with your computer. Or do a system restore going back before you deleted IE.



If you don't want to use IE, try Mozilla Firefox or Netscape Navigator



Deleting IE and now a lot of problems?windows mail internet explorer



Don't use IE.



Mozilla Firefox is much better
did u completely delete it cause i did that and it keeps coming back and i did it from add and remove programs
download it again from here. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloa...



it will replace any missing files and should hopefully patch things up ;). good luck
if u have the cd with the operating system just incert and click repair this will restore the internet explorer and my advice pls if u are not a tech stop deleting files
If your computer came with another web browser just use that and don't worry about I.E. or go to microsoft's website and try and do a download from a different browser if you have one.
try to use the restore on the accessories then system tools go to restore
backup your data and reinstall windows
IE is built into the operating system so deleing/uninstalling it can cause problems for other programs. It is highly unlikely you can repair it from the 'add/remove programs' option in control panel. Try this:



To repair by scanning for missing or corrupted files



1. From the Start menu, select Run... .



2. In the "Open:" field, enter sfc /scannow .



Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow .



3. Click OK.



4. You will be prompted to provide the Windows CD. Put your CD in the proper drive and follow the prompts.



5. Reboot the computer when System File Checker complete



If not here is alot more information and methods which may help.



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
Well, I think the best solution would be to get all of your data off the computer by transferring it to CD's or a flash drive, and do a complete re-install of Windows. The reason I say this is that IE is a root component of Windows (to the dismay of many Mozilla and Firefox fans), and by "deleting" it, you probably created several issues that are not solely related to IE. If you could somehow get on the Internet on your machine, I would say to go out to Windows Update, and that might resolve the issue. If you can't however, you may be stuck reinstalling Windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan