Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is anyone still using windows ie 6? Will not switching to IE 7.0 cause any problems?

Thanks



Is anyone still using windows ie 6? Will not switching to IE 7.0 cause any problems?download windows xp





I agree with David D, If you have Windows XP you should upgrade to IE 7. Security is poor in IE 6 and support will be limited. IE 6 was open to far more secuirty loop holes and is much easily taken over by spyware/hijackers.



My question for you is a simple one: If your car was broken and you had the option of puttting a more fuel efficient engine in it or putting the exact same type of engine in it before (the one that ran well but consumed more gass), Which would you choose? My point being is that as things change and update we as a society need to update with it. Taking a negative approach (not a careful approach!) towards a trend of moving forward only stunts your progression even in computers and learning. That does not mean the next time a service pack comes out to install it but to wait a few week/months for the bugs to be worked out.



Is anyone still using windows ie 6? Will not switching to IE 7.0 cause any problems?ies internet explorer



I am still using (and will continue to use IE6). I see no reason to change to 7! I have downloaded the MSN Toolbar which gives me tabbed browsing without the hassle of downloading 7. We have 7 at work and I hate it!
Not switching to IE7 (or Firefox, Opera or Safari, etc (i.e. away from IE 6)) will cause problems in the long term. IE 6 has rather weaker support for standards and has many more bugs then other browsers so it is more expensive for site authors to support (and they will stop doing so when its market share falls far enough).
i'm not really fond of ie, but 7 is ok. other than being a tad bit bloated.
i use ie 6.0 on other pc



i like it better then 7.0



for now you can use 6.0



msn might stop doing updates on 6.0 someday



like they did with 5.0
I'm still using IE6 and intend to continue using it. I tried IE7 and had more problems than I intend to put up with, so uninstalled it and went back to 6. Until Microsoft gets it fixed, I see no reason to change. As far as it's so-called weak security, I've never found that to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan